Nowadays, having a website is no longer an option; it’s a requirement for business. Why? As people spend most of their time online, you need your enterprise to take space online and stand out in a sea of digital competition. No matter how much a website costs, many entrepreneurs are willing to invest their money in it. That’s why even physical stores have transitioned to click-and-mortar stores.
With a business website in place, you can do a lot. You can boost your branding, promote your products or services, engage with your customers, and pursue business transactions. But crucial to your website are two key aspects: digital marketing and web design.
It appears that digital marketing and web design are two different aspects. While the former aims to promote your business, the latter seeks to boost your website. But did you know that both can go hand in hand?
Here’s how to incorporate digital marketing and web design for a robust business website:
Digital Marketing vs. Web Design
Before we delve into integrating digital marketing and web designing, let’s define them individually. Take note of the following:
- Digital Marketing: It is what it is – marketing a business via the web. The promotion makes use of the internet, search engines (Google and Bing), social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), and digital platforms (blogs and websites). The ultimate purpose is to market your business and promote your products or services. The fundamental forms of online marketing include search engine optimization (SEO) for online visibility and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising for website traffic. Others include content marketing for product or service promotion, email marketing for customer reach, and social media marketing for customer engagement.
- Web Design: It is the design of your website displayed on the internet and accessed through various devices (desktops or mobile devices). It determines the user experience (UX) on your website. The ultimate goal is to have an aesthetically appealing and highly functional website. There are many aspects of web design to keep in mind. These include the site navigation, layout, color scheme, visual elements, content pieces (texts, images, and videos), and mobile use. Some types to consider are single-page, typography, illustrative, minimalist, and responsive web designs.
Incorporating Digital Marketing and Web Design
Now, let’s tackle how to incorporate digital marketing and web design. You don’t need to implement these separately. You can integrate both to save time, cost, and effort while ensuring a successful outcome for your website. That said, consider the following:
- Optimize your website for SEO: SEO is the primary pillar of digital marketing used for online visibility. The process involves optimizing a website, creating relevant content, and building links. Since this online marketing form requires you to update your site for SEO ranking, consider incorporating web design in the entire process.
- Implement PPC for website traffic: PPC aims to drive traffic to your website. While SEO is for organic search, PPC is a form of paid search. It means that you have to pay for every successful click. However, this click can lead to a website visit. That’s when you need to update your web design to ensure your visitor will stay or convert. Otherwise, your PPC campaign will be useless.
- Update your site for product or service promotion: As mentioned above, your website serves as your online store. Same as a physical store, it is where you’ll display your products or services. That’s why you must have the UX in mind when performing web designing. You want to ensure that your site successfully promotes your products or services. Most importantly, your site must represent your brand and resonate with your target market.
- Ensure UX for customer engagement: When it comes to web designing, UX is everything. It is every website owner’s aspiration that they have an excellent UX. With this in place, you can boost your customer engagement. Your site visitors will love to interact with your website. And that can translate into many opportunities for your business, from lead generation to sales conversion.
- Fix your site for content focus: As you may be aware, content is king in the digital world. Sure, your customers may find your site appealing and functional. However, they are after your site’s content pieces. That said, you must fix your web design to give way to your content marketing. You want to make sure that your website allows your visitors to focus on your content.
At this point, you now know how to incorporate digital marketing and web design. Consider some valuable tips recommended above, from optimizing your website for SEO to fixing your site for content focus. It’s best to hire professionals to implement your online marketing strategies while updating your website. Hence, look for experts specialized in both digital marketing and web designing. By doing so, you’ll have a robust website that can work wonders on your business.